Monday, February 13, 2012

WHAT IF GOD IS CHEATING ON US - part VII

"OH, I see now! You insisted THOU SHALT PUT NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME,
didn't You?  But not a word that You wouldn't put any other creations before ME!"

It's been a while since the last installment, so let me recap the final paragraph of the last page so that the new pages make sense.  I was speculating on other possible theories for God's absence.

  Is He the Donald Trump of the Universe, developing properties all over the place, putting His name on everything, before selling His shares and moving on?  If this were the case I’d love to have the ticker symbol.  Not  
Next time: The God Test

It'll only be a short wait, a day or two, to make up for my Super Bowl winning sojourn away from here.  (In case you hadn't heard, THE GIANTS WON THE SUPER BOWL.  AGAIN.  see post below for details on how Ahmad Broadshaw brought the victory in for an ass landing.)

5 comments:

  1. Holy (literally) CRAP! I was just calling myself Bat Shit Crazy the other day. I MIGHT BE GOD! Wait... do I need a God Complex for that? Shit... my ex might be God then. He's bat shit crazy AND has a God Complex. Heaven help us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, yes the Giants won. A-Gain. I had said that it was proof there is no God, but it could also be proof that He exists and totally hates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up a lot of interesting points. Goofy but interesting. Know what I mean? I agree that no goldfish pet should die early in a child's life. I bought a goldfish for my children since we lived in an apartment and couldn't have "regular" pets like dogs or cats. When I woke in the morning, "Goldie" was floating upside down in her or his bowl. I flushed the fish and hid the bowl. When the kids awoke and ran to see "Goldie" I told them I had put her or him outside for some fresh air and admonished them to hurry up and get dressed for school. On my way home from work that day, I ran into the pet store and got a replacement "Goldie" so the kids would not have to face the reality of death while they were young. Oddly, I would have to repeat this charade every day for a full two weeks. What on earth was killing these supposedly "hearty" fish? I found out my answer one evening after taking a bath. I quietly walked in the living room and saw my 3 year old daughter, Goldie in hand, with a little comb. When I asked what she was doing, she responded "I'm brushing Goldie's hair." Okay, no more "pets" for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gold (except for the postscript about The Giants, of course.) Get thee to a publisher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    if heaven were willing to help us would be still be living like this?

    Nicky,
    hate you? Baby I'm barely aware of you!

    Linda,
    you could have just taught her that fish must stay in their bowls, no?

    Sulltan,
    thank you kind sir. I'd like to hear your review of the god test (see above)

    ReplyDelete