Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brown Fat and Robots riding Camels

I just found out today we have a second kind of fat (no kidding) - brown fat.  You're likely thinking "Thanks jerkoff, that's all I need!"

Like I don't have enough problems already.

  Not to worry, it's healthy and actually helps burn the white fat (or Fat fat).  So, you know, GO BROWN!
  [Now I'm curious how many hits for UPS I'll get for that.]
  The other startling thing I learned this week was that arab camel racing enthusiasts are so rich they're buying robot jockeys to ride in these races as opposed to their old method of buying children from poor neighboring countries to be the jockeys.

  Of course, they didn't do this on their own.  It took international humanitarian outrage at all the children-buying a/k/a slave trading before they threw up their hands in frustration "What's the point of having all this oil money if we can't buy a few slave children to jockey our camel races?  Next they'll be telling us we shouldn't stone women to death for adultery if they've been raped.  What?!  They're already complaining about that?!"

If I were god... I'd still let the children be the jockeys, but the slave traders would be the camels.  I think a 5 mile course in the midday desert sun would make the point, don't you?

Snapshots 021612
Camels ridden by mechanical robots race to the finish during a six kilometer race at the 12th International Camel Race in Kebd February 14, 2012. According to organizers, camel jockeys were replaced by mechanical robots in 2005 due to international pressure because camel owners were found to be involved in human trafficking, buying children from countries like Pakistan and India for their smaller frame and lighter weight to ride on the camels.


12 comments:

  1. So they'll buy children and robots, but not deodorant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheik Shadey el MullahFebruary 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM

    Ah, how quick women of west are with a tongue bust used for other things. Should you not be dancing for me and fetching wine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooohhhhh.....

    Sure I'll fetch you some wine (don't mind the poison). Then I'll dance on your grave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheik Shadey el MullahFebruary 23, 2012 at 8:15 AM

    They call this 'spunk', do they not? I like. Such women really spice up a harem. Send picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...but how can we get some "brown fat"?
    Wait, that sounds bad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheik Shadey is the coolest cat.

    When I think brown fat, I think of those two chunks of flesh on Halle Berry's backside. I need more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snottie & Shadey
    you two calm down! Don't want no bias incidents up in here.

    Red,
    if you eat enough brown sugar...

    Fred al Shadey
    I think you're in the wrong quadrant. Her glorious chunks of flesh are in the upper front, not the lower rear. You know, boobs being fat and buttocks being muscle -at least on Halle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear NAG,

    Already complaining? I heard the first complaint of it last week! You are so behind. If you were actually God, I would expect you to pay a bit more attention. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ange,
    this post is FROM last week. Not sure what you're saying unless "You are so behind" is a sly way of calling me an ass. You charmer you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, you are such a bleeding heart. Children, eh! I wish I had a few slave children. On the other hand, it bothers me that they are forcing these wonderful camels to run. Camels on their own do not like to run. They prefer sitting in shady places with their friends and chewing whatever it is that they eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda,
    well well well, look who's playing Stephen Colbert today! It's unexpected, but I have to say 'well done'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'mon God...we all know you placed a few bets on these robot racers...then again, why bet if you've probably already predetermined the outcome. Perhaps God is not a gambler after all.

    ReplyDelete